As well as having a very engaged and targeted audience, small-time YouTubers tend to be easier to recruit as they are generally excited to partner...
How to Find Brand Ambassadors
Boost awareness and increase sales by finding and partnering with the right brand ambassadors. Here's everything you need to know when searching:
Utilizing brand ambassador content can be a great tool to maximize your brand's reach and boost your marketing efforts. A brand ambassador is someone who is hired by a company to represent a brand in a favorable light in order to increase sales and brand awareness. Traditional brand ambassadors are the most common (yet most expensive) type of ambassadors in which a brand or company pays a public figure to wear, use or model their product. Usually, it is someone well known or even a celebrity that represents the same values as your brand.
Nowadays, the methods for finding brand ambassadors have changed and it has become even more convenient for brands to promote their product with ambassadors who already love it! If you haven't jumped on these marketing techniques yet, don't worry. We’ve got you covered with everything you need to know so you can start looking for your perfect brand ambassador.
Before You Partner Up
There are a few things you should keep in mind before looking for brand ambassadors. Since they will be representing your company, it’s important that they are someone who reflects the values and standards of your brand. Here are a few things to keep in mind before partnering with potential brand ambassadors:
- Relevance to your brand: Brand ambassadors should match the kind of customers you are looking to attract. Imagine seeing a strictly vegan account promoting a beef jerky company—it’s not a good look for either party involved since a majority of the ambassador’s audience is probably vegan.
- Have an interested audience: Having a brand ambassador with an audience that would be interested in your brand is key. That way they will be more likely to engage with your brand if they see a post.
- Check their engagement rate: Making sure your ambassador’s engagement rate is authentic is extremely important to get the best organic exposure. You want someone promoting your brand that's genuine and has followers that are both real and interactive because they enjoy the content, not because they were paid to (or aren’t real). Check out this blog to learn how to spot fake followers!
- Have good credibility: This is important so that the brand ambassador’s audience will trust their opinions on your products and be more likely to check it out themselves.
How to Find Brand Ambassadors
Finding the right brand ambassadors can be done in a few ways. Here are some of the most common methods:
1. Look within your audience: Finding influencers that are already excited fans is a good place to start because they are already familiar with your product or using it. You can see who is interested by posting about it on your social platforms to get the word out.
2. Search through hashtags: Checking out hashtags relevant to your brand is sorely underrated. For example, if you're a skincare brand searching through hashtags like #skincarefavorites and #skincarecourtine is a great way to find content creators who are already talking about products similar to your brand!
3. Opening applications: A lot of brands will create an application process and post it on social media platforms to alert their followers that they are searching for brand ambassadors. This is a good method because you can narrow down what specific characteristics your brand needs in a brand ambassador within the application questions. Check out Amazon's post for their influencer program below.
4. Utilize specific search tools: There are a number of search tools available that can help you find brand ambassadors. Most of them are online platforms that you’ll have to sign up and pay for. While this isn’t the least expensive method, it is easier than spending hours combing through your followers list or hashtags. These platforms can help you connect with influencers much faster, and have a number of additional features that you may find useful as well, such as filtering by location, industry and follower count.
5. Use Statusphere: If you’re looking for an efficient solution, using a full-service influencer marketing platform is your answer. At Statusphere, we help you find the perfect brand ambassadors to post about your products through our expert matchmaking process. We handle the entire process—from finding and contacting influencers to shipping the products—so you don’t have to lift a finger.
Partnering with brand ambassadors can help boost your brand's marketing efforts and get you the results you’re looking for. Having a good relationship with ambassadors can lead to a permanent advocate for your brand, not just a few Instagram posts! To learn more about how Statusphere can help you partner with ambassadors and influencers that are a perfect fit for your brand, click here!