There's a community for everyone on TikTok. We highlight 7 health and wellness influencers on TikTok that you should check out!
TikTok Collaboration Email Sample and How to Write Your Own
TikTok outreach is more of an art than a science—we’re sharing a TikTok collaboration email sample and tips for how you can write your own.
If you’ve decided you want to partner with TikTokers to promote your product or service but don’t know how to reach out yet, you’re in the right place. TikTok outreach is more of an art than a science—the key is to be engaging while following a basic structure. It would be a shame to put so much work into a collaboration email just for it to get sent to the trash or worse...end up in spam. We’re sharing a TikTok collaboration email sample and tips for how you can write your own.
TikTok Collaboration Email Sample
Hi [insert TikTokers name]!
We spent a few minutes reviewing your TikTok and couldn’t wait to message you! You look like you would be a great fit for [insert brand name here]. We [insert what you do/ define your purpose].
We would love to partner with you on [insert what you are reaching out about]. The collaboration would take place over [insert timeline]. There are no downsides and no strings attached. [include any relevant collaboration details here].
If you’re interested, please reply by [insert opt-in window] and I’d be happy to go over more details! Feel free to reply to [insert email] with any questions you may have.
[insert your name]
TikTok Collaboration Email Sample in Use
We spent a few minutes reviewing your TikTok and couldn’t wait to message you! You look like you would be a great fit for MoonIvy. We specialize in all-natural beauty products that are based on your unique zodiac sign!
We would love to partner with you on our seasonal campaign involving astrology TikTokers like yourself. The collaboration would take place over the course of two months, leading up to the winter solstice in December! There are no downsides and no strings attached. This series would require two TikToks featuring our Cosmic Cream & Star Dust Lotion (which we will provide) and the rest is up to you. ✨
If you’re interested, please reply by the end of the month and I’d be happy to go over more details! Feel free to reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
Basic Structure to Follow
Some things never change. Remember your English teacher harping on the 5 W’s? Well to this day who, what, where, when and why are still pretty relevant. Your collaboration email sample should have this basic structure:
- Who you are and what you do
- What you are reaching out about
- Details (or the “what” they get out of it)
- Where they can reach you
- When they should reply by
Tips for Writing Your Own
Once you get your basic structure down, you should follow these tips to make it stand out even more.
- Always refer to TikTokers by their name whenever possible - It makes your brand seem much more genuine than by simply using their handle. Imagine if someone tried to get your attention on the street by shouting a random username at you!
- Find their best contact information - Many TikTokers will list an email address for inquiries in their bio. If they don’t, do your due diligence and look them up on another social media platform. It’s likely they have a presence on more than one social media platform and you can find their best contact information there. Check out this blog for more ways you can contact TikTok influencers here!
- Include something memorable from their profile - It’s always good to include something that stood out to you from their profile. That shows that you took the time to research them and ensure that they are indeed a good fit for your brand.
- Be specific, but don’t overshare - You should include any relevant information in the email like what the collaboration would entail but don’t go off sending a contract over in the first email. If they’re interested, they’ll ask for more information.
- Don’t be corny - Your message should still reflect your company’s voice and tone. Don’t over exaggerate or try to sound trendy. It will be obvious if your message doesn’t reflect your brand and make things awkward.
- Give them a timeline - You should be clear with your timeline. If the collaboration is time-sensitive, you should reach out with plenty of time for them to reply back. For example, if you have a holiday product launch coming up, don’t wait to email them a week before it’s meant to hit the shelves. (Pro Tip: Some companies can work with tighter turnaround times like 4-6 weeks notice. Other companies lock down their partnerships months in advance.)
- Follow up (within reason) - Following up once or twice doesn’t hurt but if you don’t get a reply back at all, take the hint and don’t get offended. It’s also possible it went to spam, which is usually unavoidable unless you follow them on social already and can send them a quick heads up to expect your email.
- Be polite - You should always be polite and sound inviting. Remember, for them to even open your email is a win. (So spend some time thinking about your subject line, too!) You wouldn’t want to lose them by sounding rude or like you don’t value their time.
Partnering with TikTokers is a lot easier when you have a collaboration email sample to work off of. But if doing your own outreach sounds like too much, Statusphere can help. We handle all the influencer outreach and hash out collaboration details so you don’t have to worry! Click here to chat with one of our specialists to see how you can get started.